Several local agencies come to DBSK on a regular basis to answer questions, provide referrals and some limited health exams.
They are in the lobby between 10:30 a.m. – 12 noon.
Avicenna Community Health Center (first and third Wednesday of the month)
* Free blood pressure test
* Free blood sugar test
* Information on where and how to get free health care
* Make an appointment to see a doctor
Champaign County Health Care Consumers (third Friday of the month)
* Enrollment in free or affordable health insurance
* Access to free or affordable health care
* Medicaid and SNAP (food stamp) applications
* Access to free or affordable dental care, eye exams, and glasses
* Access to free or affordable prescriptions
* Dealing with medical bills and applying for hospital financial assistance
* Application for SafeLink phones.
Champaign-Urbana Tenant Union (second Wednesday of the month)
* Help with evictions and other landlord problems
* Information about your rights to rent
* Help understanding leases and legal notices
* Low cost list
Department of Veterans Affairs (every Monday)
* Healthcare and Housing for Veterans
Salvation Army, Supportive Services for Veteran Families (every Monday)
* Housing stability-focused service delivery program for very low income Veteran families throughout central Illinois.
* Serves Veteran families that are homeless or imminently at risk of being homeless.
* Provides on-going support, as needed, to sustain independent living.
Smile Healthy (first Wednesday of the month)
* Provide information on extractions and fillings, restorations, cleanings and full exams
* Dental Care Education
* Limited urgent care
SNAP/Link cards/Food Stamps (every Tuesday)
* Provide information on SNAP/Link cards and Food Stamps.
* Assist in registration.