Daily Bread Soup Kitchen provides outreach assistance to our guests in a number of areas.
Birth certificate and ID application day is the second Wednesday of the month from 10:30 a.m.- 12 p.m.
Annual Bus Pass applications are taken twice per year. The date is not publicized ahead of time but regular guests will be aware of when it takes place.
Local agencies come to DBSK on a regular basis to provided information and referrals to our guests.
Avicenna Community Health Center (first and third Wednesday of the month)
* Free blood pressure test
* Free blood sugar test
* Information on where and how to get free health care
* Make an appointment to see a doctor
Champaign County Health Care Consumers (third Friday of the month)
* Enrollment in free or affordable health insurance
* Access to free or affordable health care
* Medicaid and SNAP (food stamp) applications
* Access to free or affordable dental care, eye exams, and glasses
* Access to free or affordable prescriptions
* Dealing with medical bills and applying for hospital financial assistance
* Application for SafeLink phones.
Champaign-Urbana Tenant Union (second Wednesday of the month)
* Help with evictions and other landlord problems
* Information about your rights to rent
* Help understanding leases and legal notices
* Low cost list of rental options
Department of Veterans Affairs (every Monday)
* Healthcare and Housing for Veterans
Salvation Army, Supportive Services for Veteran Families (every Monday)
* Housing stability-focused service delivery program for very low income Veteran families throughout central Illinois.
* Serves Veteran families that are homeless or imminently at risk of being homeless.
* Provides on-going support, as needed, to sustain independent living.
Smile Healthy (first Wednesday of the month)
* Provide information on extractions and fillings, restorations, cleanings and full exams
* Dental Care Education
* Limited urgent care
SNAP/Link cards/Food Stamps (every Tuesday)
* Provide information on SNAP/Link cards and Food Stamps.
* Assist in registration.